The Island-wide cyber security risk assessment will provide insight into the current cyber security maturity of businesses on the Island. It will help businesses improve their resilience and support the Government’s cyber security strategy with informed policy decisions.
On 14 September a range of local businesses - small, medium and large - will be sent tailored surveys relevant to the size of their business. They will be asked to complete a set of questions in order to determine the cyber security maturity of their organisation.
How does the survey work?
- The survey itself has been tailored to the size of the business, with larger companies receiving a slightly longer, more extensive version.
- The survey has been designed to the internationally accepted standard of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- The responses to the survey will be collated and analysed by an external contractor. The Government will not have access to any single company’s specific survey responses and will instead receive an anonymised and aggregated findings document.
What are the benefits of completing the survey?
- Up to 50 participating businesses could win the cost of the Cyber Essentials certification, worth £300.
- Every organisation will receive a FREE report identifying the cyber security maturity of their business, and how they compare to the international standard set by NIST.
- The report will include recommendations for how each business can improve their cyber security, factoring in the sector and size of the business, as well as how they compare to other businesses in their sector or of a similar size.
What’s in it for the public?
- The risk assessment will help the Government of Jersey to develop policies and initiatives that will help local businesses to improve their cyber security and resilience.
- An improvement in the cyber security of businesses across the Island will in turn make Islanders information safer.
Which survey should I complete?
As a reminder, if you have 10 or fewer full-time employees, you should complete the smaller business self-assessment at: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/XM5I01/
If you have 11 or more full-time employees, you should complete the larger business self-assessment at: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C3V4IE/