Welcome Press Conference for the Election Observer Mission to Jersey
Monday 30 April 09:23
Hosted by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, British Islands and Mediterranean Region and the UK (CPA BIMR)
Where: Member’s Lunchroom, States Assembly, Royal Square, St Helier JE1 1JG
When: Tuesday 8 May, 1600 - 1700 local time
Who: The Election Observation Mission will comprise of the following:
- Head of Mission, Hon. Phillip Paulwell CD MP (Jamaica)
- Deputy Head of Mission - Hon. Dr Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings MP (Ghana)*
- Short Term Observer - Jeremy Balfour MSP (Scotland)*
- Short Term Observer - Tenia Woolridge (Bermuda)*
- Senior Election Coordinator – Matthew Salik (CPA UK – United Kingdom)
- Election Coordinator - Fleur Ten Hacken – (CPA UK – The Netherlands)
- Election Analyst - Harald Jepsen (Denmark)
- Election Analyst - Anne Grandvoinnet Serafini (France)
What: A press conference introducing the Election Observation Mission and its purpose, as well as an opportunity to ask the Mission questions.
A preliminary report will be published within two days following the election and a closing report will be published within two months of the preliminary report assessing the electoral process and making recommendations for future elections.
Further Information: CPA UK is a signatory to the Declaration of Principles of International Election Observation and Code of Conduct for International Election Observers
The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association UK (CPA UK) acts as the secretariat to CPA BIMR, one of the nine regions of the CPA network, and is committed to strengthening democracy and good governance.
If you would like to attend or would like further information, please contact the Election Coordinator email@example.com.