JFSC offers out-of-hours service to help Islanders meet Beneficial Ownership deadline

Monday 12 June 11:42

The Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) is offering extra assistance to Jersey registered companies to ensure they fulfil their requirements for submitting Beneficial Ownership and Control information to meet the UK Government’s deadline.

Jersey registered companies have until 30 June 2017 to submit a Statement of Beneficial Owners and Controllers, also referred to as a C17S form. This is to satisfy the agreement signed between the Island and the UK in 2016 to enable, on request and in appropriate circumstances, the sharing of highly sensitive information to trusted international law enforcement and tax authorities.

With three weeks remaining until the deadline, the JFSC’s Companies Registry has so far received 5,438 C17S submissions from local residents (65%), leaving an estimated 2,985 outstanding (35%).*

JFSC Director of Registry, Julian Lamb commented: “We are grateful to all those local residents who have filed their forms already as we appreciate that this is a new and complicated obligation. We urge all those outstanding companies to comply with this legal requirement by submitting their information by 30 June. This is an Island mandate and meeting this deadline is vital to upholding Jersey’s reputation and our leading position for Beneficial Ownership transparency.”

To assist Islanders with completing the C17S form, the Companies Registry is running additional out- of-hours “drop in” sessions from 17:00 to 19:00 on Tuesdays (13, 20, 27 June) and Thursdays (15, 22, 29 June). There will also be sessions on Saturday 17 and 24 June between 09:30 and 12:30. The JFSC will also continue to run sessions within normal business hours Monday to Friday and these can be booked by emailing registry@jerseyfsc.org or calling (01534) 822030. Additional guidance is also available on the JFSC’s website: www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/beneficial_ownership

Events

  • JeCC - External Render / EWI / Architectural Profiles Building Trust Into your External Facade by Pentagon Builders Merchants

    › read more
  • JeCC - BS7533 Compliant Hard Landscaping Paving the way to Success with Parex HardLandscaping by Pentagon Builders Merchants

    › read more
  • Jersey Electricity - Everything you wanted to know about heat pumps but were afraid to ask Want to know more about Heat Pumps, their application, how they fit with the new Building Bye Laws, what tariff is best?

    › read more
  • Market Fountain Unveiling Following a period of refurbishment, the market fountain which has been restored to its former glory will be unveiled by the Connétable of St Helier accompanied by the Minister for Infrastructure.

    › read more
  • WDF - Women as Team Players - sponsored by Santander Women as Team Players with Jennifer Moore – Yoga & Ironman Triathlon Sam Horsfall – Triathlon Coach and parkrun Jemima Leach and Helene Mon Petit – Island Games MBT Cycling Team

    › read more
  • Public Meeting: CIFO 2016 Annual Report The independent Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman (CIFO) is holding a public event to mark the publication of its 2016 annual report and accounts.

    › read more
  • Eco Active Business and BIFM sustainability event Have you booked your place at next week’s sustainability event?

    › read more
  • Is Your Business Autism-Friendly? Did you know more than one in 100 of your customers are autistic? Would you like to find out how you can make their experiences better?

    › read more
  • Benest Corbett Renouf Joins Forces With Farrer & Co to Reinforce Need for Safeguarding Children LAW firm Benest Corbett Renouf has teamed up with the market-leading London firm Farrer & Co to present a safeguarding conference. The event, “Creating Safer Organisations”, will take place on Thursday, 15th June in Jersey.

    › read more
  • Ibex Education - Excel 1 to 1s Our expert UK trainer will work with you on particular issues

    › read more

Chamber Knowledgebase

Our frequently asked questions

Chamber News 

All the latest news from Chamber in one monthly PDF

Jersey Airport / Harbours

The latest arrivals and departures, select a link above

The Jersey Chamber of Commerce - Annual Charity of Choice

the benefits of membership

Networking opportunities, including our popular luncheons
Topical seminar programme
Support and guidance on doing business in Jersey


And become one of over 500 member businesses supporting Chamber in its aim of ensuring that local business is at the heart of a thriving and diverse local economy.

Call 01534 724536
› About Chamber


Copyright © Jersey Chamber 2012 - The Jersey Chamber of Commerce welcomes your comments and views. However, the posting of comments is subject to our terms which can be read here. Comments posted by users of this site are not the Chamber's comments nor do they represent the views of the Jersey Chamber of Commerce.

↑ Back to top