Hospital Neighbours Invited to Give Their Views
Tuesday 25 September 16:24
People who live and work near Jersey’s proposed new hospital are invited to give their views to the project team and hear updates on planned work at a meeting this week.
If hospital plans for the current site, Westaway Court and Kensington Place are approved, and works starts in January 2019, some areas will be operational in four years and the full hospital clinical facility will be completed in 2024.
The fourth hospital neighbourhood forum will take place on Thursday, 27 September 2018 from 6 to 8pm at St Helier Town Hall. All nearby workers (including health staff) and neighbours are invited, plus the Connétable of St Helier and town deputies.
Among the issues raised by people attending earlier forums were:
- Request for health staff to attend forums so residents could hear their views
- Request for information about services to be provided at Westaway Court
- Length of construction time
- Traffic at school start and finish times
- Footpath widths
- Contact information to raise concerns when construction starts
- Parking for nearby residents
- Noise disturbance
- Requests for assurance about the potential for structural disturbance to properties in the area
The Future Hospital team will respond to the issues raised at earlier forums and report on actions and progress.
If people can’t make the forum but would like to attend future meetings or be kept informed by a neighbourhood newsletter, please email email@example.com.
See the latest hospital neighbourhood newsletter: Hospital Neighbourhood News Sep 2018
See a presentation and notes from the last meeting: https://www.futurehospital.je/neighbours/
States of Jersey Press Release