Government’s Response to Hurricane Irma
Monday 18 September 15:54
Government’s response to Hurricane Irma
- The Government of Jersey contacted the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Ministry of Justice in the immediate aftermath of the hurricane to offer support.
- We provided a conduit to the UK government on behalf of Jersey firms wanting to help e.g. offers to send engineers and equipment to help restore power and connectivity.
- The Government of Jersey London Office has contacted the Representative Offices of all British Overseas Territories affected by Hurricane Irma.
- We were in contact with Jersey firms directly affected to offer support and a conduit into the UK government in the days immediately following the hurricane.
- Jersey Overseas Aid, a body funded by the Government of Jersey, is providing funding for disaster relief in the region affected.
The Bailiff has also set up a relief appeal:
How to donate to the Bailiff’s appeal:
By cash, cheque (payable ‘States of Jersey – Hurricane Irma disaster appeal’) or credit/debit card or bank transfer:
Bank: HSBC Bank
Sort Code: 40-25-34
Account Number: 91663933
Account Name: States of Jersey T/A Jersey Disaster Appeal
Reference: Hurricane Irma
Donations can also be made over the counter at the States Treasury Cashiers located on the ground floor of Cyril Le Marquand House, The Parade, St. Helier, open Wednesday to Friday 9am to 2pm.