Administrative Assistant - Chamber of Commerce Vacancy
Friday 24 February 10:45
Are you highly organised and someone who likes working in a fast-paced busy office? The Jersey Chamber of Commerce is looking for an office administrator to help run the day-to-day workings of the Chamber office.
Administrative Assistant - Jersey Chamber of Commerce:
Are you highly organised and someone who likes working in a fast-paced busy office?
The Jersey Chamber of Commerce is looking for an office administrator to help run the day-to-day workings of the Chamber office, providing administrative assistance with our membership, database, Chamber Committees and man our reception telephone and emails. If you can work well under pressure, as part of a team and individually, then we would love to hear from you.
Five years residency required.
Brief Overview of Duties (but not limited to):
- General admin duties - Take and deliver telephone messages accurately and completely; review and manage all admin emails and post, distributing accordingly;
- Website – Update on a daily basis, items such as news and events;
- Memberships & Database - On-board new members and respond to incoming membership queries;
- Database – Manage Chamber database ensuring it is constantly up-to-date;
- Committees – Set up boardroom for committee meetings, order refreshments, format agendas, forward reports, consultations and minutes;
- Some financials – Contacting aged debtors, forwarding and uploading invoices to accounts package, banking, office card payments, setting up direct debits for members;
- Meetings – Diarise meetings for executive team, committees and ministerial meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Executive Manager;
- Assist with Chamber events when necessary;
- Previous experience of working in an administrative role;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Xero accounts package – (preferable but not essential as training will be provided);
- Professional appearance and manner;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality of work
- Strong organisational skills, multitask and prioritise
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook with work
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, to Gillian Martindale-Parsons via Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org