Who is this course for?
Delivered by IT Governance, this course will be essential for those involved in understanding and implementing the new GDPR regulation. This includes privacy managers, legal compliance officers and risk managers, IT and information security professionals, and anyone with limited experience who wishes to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however the Business Development Centre (BDC) team will discuss the content in full, ahead of enrolment.
A pre-course interview may be required.
How long is this course?
The course is run over 5 full day workshops at Highlands College from 11-15 September 2017.
What will I study on this course?
The benefits of this course are:
- Comprehensive understanding of the new regulation and its application in an organisational context.
- Learn from an experienced data protection consultant with practical understanding of the regulation and its implementation.
- Provides recognised qualifications in the subject: EU GDPR Foundation and Practitioner.
- Build upon existing data privacy law compliance and related information security standards.
- Practical GDPR tools: data protection impact assessment and compliance gap assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional learning.
The course objectives are:
- Achieve a recognised international qualification at Foundation and Practitioner levels.
- Learn from experts how to implement and achieve full organisational compliance with GDPR.
- Gain a clear, practical understanding of the EU GDPR implications and how it affects people and organisations.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of how to fulfil the role of Data Protection Officer (DPO).
What Qualification will I gain?
Candidates achieve the EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) and EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualifications (both ISO 17024-accredited).
Will I go out on work experience?
How is the course assessed?
Attendees take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) and Practitioner (EU GDPR P) examinations consisting of 60-minute and 90-minute multiple-choice exams accredited by IBITGQ.
- Foundation: 60 minutes, multiple-choice questions.
- Practitioner: 1½ hours, multiple-choice questions.
Examination fees are included in course.
How much will it cost?
£2450.00 inclusive of GST
Installment plan availalbe
How can I find out more?
Please contact the Business Development Centre on 608755 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More / Apply Here