Book This Event
This one-day workshop is designed for those who conduct appraisals and want to use the process to drive and enhance individual performance. We will explore what makes an appraisal challenging, how to plan for the meeting and how to manage responses during the meeting itself. The workshop will be useful for those expected to conduct formal appraisals as part of a structured process.
The workshop is not suitable for appraisers who have no experience, it will have benefits for HR team members who are supporting appraisers as well as appraisers themselves. It is therefore aimed at supervisors/managers who are seeking to maximise the benefits of a robust appraisal process.
At the end of this course the delegates with be able to:
- Identify key performance requirements prior to review
- set SMART objectives based on expected performance outcomes
- objectively evaluate and assess current performance
- structure a robust agenda for an appraisal meeting
- gather and present evidence to inform performance related discussions
- provide constructive and developmental feedback on performance
- propose and secure commitment to objectives
- Identify and escalate matters that fall outside of the appraisal process
The workshop will provide an overview of the following:
- role specific competencies and quality measures
- motivation and engagement within the workplace
- performance objectives
- evidence based decision making
- constructive and directional feedback
- behavioural tendencies and responses
- listening and questioning skills
- securing points of agreement
- conflict handling
The workshop will provide plenty of opportunity to discuss learning and apply it through a series of practical activities. This will be supported by tutor and peer feedback combined with reflective learning.