All those who have responsibility for coaching and developing others at work.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will :-
- Understand the importance of coaching
- Understand the attitudes and skills of a good coach and have developed their own skills
- Be able to give constructive feedback confidently to their staff
- Be better able to develop staff from where they are now to where they
- want to be
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver a structured coaching session
This course is highly participative with group discussions and role play of "live" coaching situations.
1-day - 0900-1700 hours
0900 - Welcome and Introduction
Objectives and nature of the course
Coaching - What is it?
Clarification of what is meant by coaching and identification of the team leader's responsibilities for developing staff. How people learn and the implications for coaching.
The Effective Coach
Skills and attitudes of the effective coach will be identified and the skills of questioning, listening, giving and receiving feedback will be practised using case studies and role play.
The Coaching Plan
How to develop a structured approach including preparation for coaching and handling practice and demonstration.
Discussion on the use of different coaching techniques and matching to the learning styles of the trainee. Coaching more difficult people and under-performers.
Each delegate will carry out a coaching session and receive feedback from the tutor and other delegates.
Delegates will develop their own personal action plans to
become more effective coaches.
1700 - End Of Course
Book This Event