Many of us think we know how to communicate; after all we do it every day. But do you know how brain architecture and millions of years of evolution affect communication?
This course is both practical and thought provoking. We will begin by looking at assertiveness - a surprising skill delivering more benefits to a wider range of people than we at first realise. Assertiveness is at the root of our relationship with ourselves and with other people. As a result, genuinely assertive people are better to work with, establish more effective relationships and their technical and professional skills are shine through.
We will then move on to look at skills and techniques that will make you more persuasive and better equipped to handle difficult discussions. As result you will improve relationships and achieve better results with staff, colleagues, 'superiors', suppliers and clients.
Workshop content and methods
- Why we need effective communication skills; how effective communication skills will boost your reputation, credibility, career prospects and self confidence.
- Brain architecture, evolution and the five main communication traps.
- The link between our behaviour and other people's behaviour.
- The difference between aggressive, submissive, passive-aggressive and assertive behaviour.
- How we are perceived by others.
- Body language and behavioural triggers; triggers to avoid and those to practice to communicate successfully.
- Understanding what makes us behave the way we do.
- Distinguishing between learned responses and autonomic responses.
- The behaviour ice berg, rights, paradigms and self esteem.
- How to reprogram your thinking quickly and easily.
- Practical assertive techniques, how and when to use them.
- A simple persuasive model with which to 'sell' your ideas and proposals effectively.
- Handling challenging situations; manipulation techniques and how to respond to them positively.
- Communicating with yourself; why it is vital; how to influence yourself.
- Implementation planning, the big obstacle to implementation and how to overcome it.
This is a fast-paced course; you will cover a lot of ground quickly. There is, however, also time for reflection as an essential part of a balanced learning process. You will benefit from lots of skills practice in a 'safe', relaxed and fun atmosphere.
When: June 14, 2017 - 9:00 to 17:00
Length: One Day
Location: Grand Hotel Park Suites
Course Fee: £325
Free membership services book online now. Or call us on 01534 737701