You’re invited to our AI Frenzy Launch Event
Are you interested in finding out how Artificial Intelligence is seamlessly incorporating itself into all aspects of our lives or simply interested in what AI has to offer? Then this is the event for you. We have a limited number of places so please Register Here.
- 17:30 – 18:00 – Arrival and Networking
- 18:00 – 18:10 – Introduction from Joanne Alford (Eagle Labs) and Gailina Liew (Jersey Policy Forum)
- 18:10 – 18:25 – Tim Difford, Microsoft – Welcome to the AI-Powered World
Beyond our personal lives, AI will enable breakthrough advances in areas like finance, healthcare, agriculture, education and transportation. It’s already happening in impressive ways. Microsoft takes a look at how AI is already having a dramatic impact in the areas of Vision, Language, Speech, Search and Knowledge.
- 18:25 – 18:35 – Rory Steel, Google Certified Trainer – Google AI: Everyday examples of AI but should we be worried?
Google’s mission is to organise the worlds information to make is universally assessable and useful. Many of us use their AI in our everyday lives, from replying to emails, searching for photos, breaking down learning barriers with Google Translate. Now they are turning their focus on healthcare and advancing scientific discovery but should we be worried? Tech leaders like Elon Musk say we should be while social media Titan say it’s going to improve our lives. We will discuss how AI is used in my school now and what the future may hold.
- 18.35 – 18:45 – Alex Keeble, Strategic Transformation, Barclays – Collaborating with Artificial Intelligence
We will be looking at where Barclays is today with AI and what is in store for customers while considering some of the dilemmas and constraints of using AI in practice.
- 18:45 – 19:15 – Networking Break
- 19:15 – 19:30 – Ross Cruickshank, IBM Developer Advocate – AI for improving preparations for disaster
With the Call for Code challenge, developers worldwide have the opportunity to exploit AI services to help better prepare for humanitarian disasters. We will tour the IBM Watson Services and show how these ready-to-use capabilities can be used to build AI quickly and easily in applications in in any domain.
- 19:30 – 19:45 – Natalie Clare, Director of Human and Non-Human Talent, HumAIn Resources – Bringing Humanity to Artificial Intelligence
In any digital change, the tendency is to focus on the technology rather than the people. The Age of Artificial Intelligence is right here, right now. We need to determine how robots will work for the human race – but how will we do this if we don’t know what they are and how they work? This talk focusses on how being human in the accelerating world of AI is critical, both at home and at work. It looks at how we can design Artificial Intelligence with human kindness, and develop the skills for success.
- 19:45 – 19:50 – Closing thoughts from Barclays
- 19:50 – 20:30 – Further networking and event close
When and where?
Thursday 12th July 2018
17:30 – 20:30
Jersey Library, 78-80 Halkett Pl, St Helier JE2 3RQ, Jersey
Our Barclays AI Frenzy events are about bringing together likeminded people to get them excited, engaged and collaborating through the use of AI within their local areas. If you are interested in finding out more about AI, please visit our site https://labs.uk.barclays/ai
Everyone is welcome, so please register your interest below and forward this on to any guests who would be interested. We have a limited number of places, so make sure to click to register below.
The Good Stone will be providing street food, drinks are provided by the Bliss Brew Co. and there will be a VR drop out zone to try out for the whole duration of the event.
The AI Team